If you are considering selling your Dallas Ft Worth area home, staging is a smart way to make a great first impression to your buyers. Adding cost-effective amenities and improving the general cleanliness and condition of the home is what we call “staging.” There are three things to consider and remember when preparing your home:
1. You don’t get a second change to make a first impression.
2. A review of more than 2,800 properties in eight cities found that staged homes, on average, sold in half the time than non-staged homes did.
3. Most buyers make decisions about the property they tour within the first 15 seconds of entering the home.
What can staging do?
Location – Cannot be changed
Size – Difficult to change
Amenities – Can be changed
Condition – Can be changed
When a seller stages their home, one of two things can happen:
1. The home becomes more valuable than other comparable properties in that price
2. The home gets moved up in price and becomes the lowest price in the next higher price bracket or “category.”